Amsterdam, NL - March 25, 2020 -
Lutein(C40H56O2) is a pigment which belongs to the family of carotenoids and is soluble in fat. Carotenoids are a broad group of tetraterpenes lipophilic yellow-orange pigment derivatives. They contain 40 carbon atoms. In most fruits and vegetables, lutein is usually present particularly in green leafy vegetables and micro-organisms. Lutein is usually derived from the dietary sources. In humans per 10% dietary intake of lutein only increases the lutein concentration in blood by 2.4%. Lutein is present in the human eye, with higher concentration. This is known as Macular Pigments. The skin, when exposed to light and air, encourages the formation of dangerous oxygen free radicals. Lutein cancels other toxic free radicals and thus prevents damage to the eye cells. Application of lutein helps prevent disorders such as cataract, eye detachment, diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and uveitis. Lutein is an effective antioxidant. Lutein defends the human body from free radicals. Mental and physical stress, nutritional deficiencies, saturated intake of food, intake of alcohol, body metabolism also play an important role in increasing the free radicals which affect the health and skin.
In 2028, the lutein market is expected to grow to around USD 400- 500 million. Europe is expected to emerge as the largest market with a cumulative market size of around USD 1 Billion by the end of the forecast period. APAC market is expected to represent 20 per cent of the overall lutein demand. The APAC market is projected to grow to around USD 100 million in 2028. The cumulative market size of the APAC region is estimated to be surpass USD 500 million. Demand for natural dyes and increase in the health problems are expected to be the main drivers of the lutein market, while unstable nature of lutein and high natural cost would be the key challenges. Many new applications will emerge and develop which is expected to drive the lutein market. The applications include use of dietary supplements, food dyes, aquafeed, and many more.
The report titled “Global Lutein Market Report
” is segmented based on region, technology, industries, platform and deployments. The regions are segmented as North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East, Latin America and Rest of the World. The country analysis chapter contains a detailed insight of top 10 countries.
The Global Lutein market is expected to grow from around USD 200 Million in 2018 to around USD 500 Million in 2028 at a CAGR of around 4%- 5%. Europe is expected to be the fastest growing sector during the forecast period 2020-2028.
The study period of the report titled “Global Lutein Market Report
” is 2018-2028 and the forecast period is 2020 - 2028. The industries covered in this report include, Healthcare, food industry, aquaculture and pigment industry.
Reasons to Buy
- The report will help investment bankers and the financial institutions to understand the overall market trend and the key dynamics that govern this market.
- The report will help manufacturers to understand the key opportunity market and focus their efforts in those specific regions.
- The report will help the top management team to take strategic decisions on opportunity analysis or market entry strategies.
- The raw material suppliers in the lutein market are expected to benefit from this report, the market forecast section would help them understand the market potential at the regional level.
- The key companies from the top ten countries have been discussed in detail in the Country Analysis section.
- The key lutein Technologies have been discussed in detailed, this is one of the most comprehensive reports which discusses lutein process technologies.