Amsterdam, NL - July 20, 2020 -
Production of seeds through organic methods of cultivation without the use of synthetic/ chemical fertilizers yield organic seeds. While producing these seeds green manure, biofertilizer & vermicompost are used to improve soil fertility. Increasing food demand and awareness amongst consumers regarding the health benefits of organic seeds helps propel the market. Moreover, key concerns regarding environmental degradation thereby support this market as well.
One of the main factors that propel the growth of this field is the growing environmental concern and awareness regarding the use of chemical fertilizers/pesticides and the disruption they cause to the soil as well as the plants. Growing food businesses and changing consumer behavior drives this market. Moreover, organic seeds yield certain health benefits like high nutritional levels, easy digestion, better taste, and higher antioxidant levels. Therefore, naturally grown food would be preferred by people because of the better nutritional value, taste, and higher antioxidants properties. Governments, organizations, and agencies in various countries have taken initiatives to encourage the use of organic crops which works in favour of the market.
This report titled "Global Organic Seeds - Market and Technology Forecast to 2028
” is segmented by Region, Distribution Channel and Type.
The type segment is classified as Vegetable Seeds, Field Crop Seeds, Fruits and Nuts Seeds and Other Vegetation Seeds. The global market is further segmented regionally as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle east and RoW. The distribution channels for this market include- Direct and Indirect. The farm type segment comprises of Indoor farming and outlook farming.
The Global organic seeds market size is expected to account for USD 3 Billion in 2020 and it is anticipated to grow up to roughly USD 7 Billion by 2028 with a CAGR of approximately 13%. The global market revenue for organic seeds in 2019 was estimated to be USD 7 Billion. In advent to COVID-19, the organic seeds market is expected to experience a surge in demand owing to lesser meat consumption amongst people. A detailed analysis for the pandemic has been provided in this report.
NA is expected to have the largest market size for organic seeds. The US organic seed market is a major contributor to NA's market revenue. The Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market globally, this is due to the increasing demand for organically grown food in countries like China, Japan, India, etc. As the global health awareness for this market goes on increasing so does the market revenue associated with the product. Organic seed consumption also witnessed growth in recent years, with vegetable seeds garnering the highest share.
The growth of the global organic seeds market is majorly due to the growing awareness about the health benefits of organically grown food. Chemical-free farming coupled with environmental aggradation is seen to drive the market further. The Asia Pacific market is expected to be led by China and India. Some of the factors influencing the growth of this market include increasing health awareness, and favourable government regulatory norms. The EU market is anticipated to be led by Germany, France, UK, and Italy. In addition to government norms, technologies that encourage the growth of this market has been further accelerating its growth.
The report “Global Organic seeds - Market and Technology Forecast to 2028
” is segmented based on Region, Distribution Channel and Type. The study period is 2018- 2028 and the forecast period is 2020-2028.
Reasons to buy:
- New entrants into this field could benefit from this report as it gives a comprehensive analysis of the market for the forecast period, 2020-2028.
- New players of this market can use this report to understand the drivers, restraints, and challenges in the global market for organic seeds and their impact on the changing market dynamics.
- The upcoming technologies of this sector and their impacts on the growth of this market have been discussed in this report. Technology innovators can use this segment to optimize the existing technology with respect to the demand.
- The future market potential across types of crops and Geographies could be understood by existing players through this report.
- The sales team of organic seed producing companies or subsidiaries that depend on the organic foods market could make use of this report for developing a sales plan over the next few years concerning geography and demography.
- The investment bankers focused on this sector make use of this report to identify the key areas of this market that can be worth investing in.