Biological seed treatment consists of active ingredients like microbes, in this case, fungi, and bacteria, as well as plant extracts and algae extracts. They are found either in granular or liquid form. It is coated evenly on a seed so that it gets all the necessary nutrients. Moreover, every year, nearly 20-40% of the crop yield is lost due to pathogens, insects, and weeds. Therefore, customised agronomic solutions like biological seed treatment that help protect the seed and increase crop efficiency are introduced into the market.
Biological seed treatment acts as a bio-stimulant, i.e. a fully nourished seed grows into a healthy plant by enhancing both the root and shoot system of a plant in the early stages of its growth. The treatment also helps improve crop yield and helps the plant fight both biotic and abiotic stresses. Through seed treatment, the microorganisms colonise the roots and hereafter protects the crop during the growing season from pathogens. It also helps increase the nutrient intake from the roots system.
Some of the key drivers of this market are the increasing demand for residue-free organically grown crops in addition to the adoption of ecologically friendly farming practices. The risk of exceeding MRL is reduced due to the use of green technology. Moreover, Biological seed treatment focuses on protecting the crop yield which reduces the risk of economic losses due to crop cultivation.
The biological seed treatment market has a global revenue of USD 1.1 Billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow to USD 3.00 Billion by 2028 with a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period. North America dominates the global market followed by Europe with a market revenue. The market is segmented based on type, crop type, and region.
The demand for organic fruits and vegetables have been increasing due to the health benefits associated with them and this propels the growth of the market. Corn as a crop has witnessed substantial growth with respect to consumption and application in both Europe and North America, owing to its use as animal protein, automotive industries, ethanol in feed, etc. Based on function, Microbial- seed enhancement is the largest segment in the biological seed treatment market, it accounts for more than 50% of the global market revenue.
Moreover, pesticide residue in crops and the health effects they have has been one reason why the use of agrochemicals has been restricted in the global market. Additionally, the raw materials used for biological seed treatment are easily available as compared to synthetic growth enhancers. Therefore, the cost incurred during manufacture is reduced in the case of developing biological solutions to agronomic problems which further augments the market.
The study period for the report titled, “The global biological seed treatment-Market and Technology Forecast to 2028
" ranges from 2018-2028, and the forecast period of this market is from 2020-2028. This market is segmented by type, crop type, and region.
The report is aimed at:
Segmentation covered in this report
- The changing market dynamics concerning the key drivers, restraints, and challenges have been discussed.
- The upcoming technology in this sector and its implications on the global market scenario have been discussed.
- Porter’s five forces and PESTLE analysis has been done for the global Biological Seed Treatment market
- The high growth markets within this segment have been identified and comprehensive analysis of the same has been provided.
- The market has been forecasted from 2020-2028 accounting for all the key factors that are expected to impact the market.
The market is segmented based on type, function, crop type, and region.
By Crop Type:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Vegetable Crops
- Seed Protection
- Seed Enhancement
Reasons to buy:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- The drivers, restraints, and challenges accompanied by their impacts on the varying market trends can be studied by industry specialists willing to capitalize on the opportunities in this area.
- Government or private associates can use this report to understand the high growth markets and further study the strategies employed by them
- Existing market players in this sector could use this report to gain an in-depth understanding of the strategies used by key players to boost their market growth.
- This report has a forecast period up to 2028, therefore it can be used by sales teams to design their monthly as well as yearly targets.
- Detailed market segmentation has been provided for this sector which can be of use to the new players wanting to understand the scope of this market.
. Who is this report for?
- Technology Innovators: Can use this report to understand the existing technology and optimize the same based on market demand technology grey areas.
- Governments, Associations, and Industrial Bodies: Can use this report to understand the regional analysis and the scope of this market to further expand their existing market.
- Investors and Trade Experts: Can use this report to understand the opportunities provided by this market and funding strategies can be designed for projects that show potential.
- Sales sectors: The sales teams of companies can use this report to understand the grey areas of this market and focus on expanding the same.