Feed antioxidants are used in animal feed to protect the nutrients in the feed from oxidative rancidity. They preserve the quality of the feed hereafter making it safe for consumption. The increasing number of animal welfare organisations and campaigns has been a key driver for this market. Feed antioxidants prevent lipid peroxidation of oils and fats. Oxidative rancidity modifies the organoleptic qualities therefore, it reduces the nutritional value of fats. Sometimes oxidation of nutrients creates toxic compounds. Feed antioxidants increase the useful life of feed.
The global feed antioxidants market has been expanding owing to the growth of the live-stock market and the meat industry. Moreover, due to the application of new technology to the feed production industry, the demand for the feed antioxidants market has also been increasing. Additionally, since the antioxidants improve shelf life, the feed wastage is considerably reduced which impacts this market positively.
Moreover, the increasing industrialisation of the meat industry has made feed antioxidants a necessity because the cost incurred due to feed purchase is very high. Feed antioxidants also increase the disease resistance of animals, since they protect the nutrients in the feed hereby helping them maintain a healthy life cycle.
The global feed antioxidants market is projected to reach a value of USD 0.6 Billion by the year 2028 from a value of USD 0.3 in the year 2020. The market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2020-2028. The market for feed antioxidants is segmented by Form, and Region. APAC is expected to dominate the global market for feed antioxidants, with market value of around 33.33% of the global revenue. This is due to the increasing disposable income and expanding demand for meat-based products in Asian countries.
By type, the synthetic antioxidants segment is anticipated to have the largest market size in the feed oxidants market since it has higher durability and the cost incurred is lesser. Based on form, the dry segment is predicted to leads the market owing to the ease of handling. On the basis of animals, the poultry segment is probable to expected to lead this segment.
Synthetic Antioxidants like BHT are increasingly used in the poultry industry although recent scientific studies prove that BHT had an anti-viral effect on the Newcastle virus. Researchers are trying to probe further into this subject matter by expanding the scope of their research to different types of feed antioxidants and viruses.
One of the expanding markets that have been contributing to the feed antioxidants segment is the fed food sector. Feed antioxidants help protect the body of cats/dogs from the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can cause damage to can damage cell membranes, enzymes, and even DNA, it is also considered as a reason for premature aging amongst cats and dogs. Their immune systems are very vulnerable and susceptible to free radicals, therefore antioxidants like vitamins C and E are very commonly used in animal food since they help resist free radicals and keep the pet healthy.
The study period of this report, "Global Feed Antioxidants-Market and Technology Forecast to 2028
" ranges from 2018-2028, and the forecast period ranges from 2020-2028. The market is segmented by Form and Region.
This report is aimed at:
Segmentation covered in this Report:
- Insights based on the drivers, restraints, and challenges and their influence on the continually changing global market have been discussed in this report.
- The technological advancements of this field along with their impact on the market has been covered.
- A detailed study concerning the key players of the market and the strategies employed by them as well as a regional analysis on the competitors have been provided.
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis has been made use of to provide analytics concerning the global feed antioxidants market.
- The opportunities provided by the feed antioxidants sector and analysis of the rapidly growing markets has been provided.
- The report has accounted for all the events within the forecast period that could impact the shift in global market dynamics.
The market is segmented based on Form, and Region.
Based on the Region:
Based on Animal:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of the World
Based on Form:
Based on the Synthetic Type:
- Propyl Gallate
Reasons to buy this report:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Who is this report aimed for:
- The new players of this market can use this report to understand the impacts of drivers, restraints, and challenges on the changing market trends.
- Industry Specialists could make use of this report to understand the impact of all the political and economic events on this market.
- Technology Innovators can use this report to understand the opportunities provided by this market with unmet technological demands and research these grey areas.
- Sales teams can use this report to understand the changing preferences of people and accordingly make efficient sales.
- Feed Antioxidants Manufacturers: Can use this report to analyze the global demand for feed anti-oxidants based on the meat industry and the feed market.
- Financial Institutions: Can use this report to analyze the growth of this market and make investments in promising areas.
- Governments, Associations, and Industrial Bodies: Can use this report to understand the scope for expansion and the opportunities provided by this market.
- Sales Teams: Can use this report to strategize sales on the long term and short term basis.