Organic fertilizers are majorly composed of animal and plant residues as well as mineral ores. They are made up of naturally occurring substances and therefore it is a means of environmentally sustainable technology. Moreover, several government regulations are promoting the use of organic farming methods which has led to a surge in the market growth for organic fertilizers. Additionally, the cost incurred during the production of organic fertilizers is lesser as compared to the synthetic fertilizers market owing to the ease of procurement of raw materials. These fertilizers replenish the nutrients in the soil and have a positive impact on crop quality and quantity. On the contrary, synthetic fertilizers pose a threat to soil quality since it can cause contamination to groundwater and surface water bodies through soil leaching. This will cause the chemicals in the synthetic fertilizers to pass through the food chain and in turn disrupt the ecological balance.
Green technology has been a trend in the recent past and sustainable farming promotes this cause, therefore it is the main driver for this industry. People have started understanding the health benefits that come along with organically produced crops and this awareness has been augmenting the market. Moreover, an increase in disposable income has also lead to a further rise in market shares.
The total Global Market for Organic fertilizers is estimated to be around USD 9 Billion in 2020 and the market is expected to grow to USD 29 Billion by 2028 with a CAGR of around 15% during the forecast period. The global organic fertilizer market is rapidly growing with increasing demand for organically grown crops. Animal-based fertilizers is expected to constitute a major share of the global market revenue, it is predicted to accounts for 30% of the global market size. Animals, fish, and birds are utilized to produce organic fertilizers, including blood meal, bone meal, and manure that helps in the healthy growth of crops. Studies conducted by USDA in the year 2014 stated that chicken manure increased the crop cultivation for cotton over 12% as compared to synthetic fertilizers. Based on formulation, it is seen that organic fertilizers in the dry state is predicted to constitute for more than 50% of the global market revenue. This is due to the ease of mixing dry manure with soil as compared to liquid fertilizers.
The global market for organic fertilizers is anticipated to be led by APAC, it constitutes more than one-third of the global market revenue. This is due to the increasing market for organically grown crops owing to the rising population and increasing disposable income.
The study period of the report, “Global Organic Fertilizers- Market and Technology Forecast to 2028
” is from 2018-2028 and the forecast period of the report is from 2020-2028.
The report is aimed at:
Segmentation covered in this report:
Based on source
Based on region
- The key drivers, restraints, and challenges that are expected to shape the global market for organic fertilizers have been discussed in detail.
- The key technologies that could impact the growth of this field have been analyzed thoroughly.
- Analysis based on import and export for this market has been performed on a global scale.
- A detailed study on the segmentation and regions have been provided in this report.
- The opportunities that the market holds have been discussed in detail.
- Comprehensive mapping of the competitive landscape has been provided
- The market has been forecasted from 2020- 2028 considering all the factors, which are expected to impact the market.
Based on the form
Based on crop type
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- RoW (The Middle East, South America, and Africa)
Country Level Analysis
- Cereals & grains
- Oilseed & pulses
- Fruits & vegetables
Reasons to buy this report:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Who is this report aimed for?
- The new entrants and the potential players of this market can use this report to understand the key market trends that are expected to shape this market in the next few years.
- Industry professionals can use this report to study the impacts of the Key Drivers, Restraints, and Challenges of the organic fertilizer market and the shift in market dynamics for the same.
- The key technologies of this sector and their effects on the varying market trends have been discussed, this section of the report could be useful to existing players of this market wanting to install new equipment.
- This report can be used by the sales companies to strategize their sales tactics both in the long term and short term basis
- Existing players can use this report to study the new opportunities in this market that offers scope for expansion.
- Organic Fertilizers Manufacturers: They can use this report to understand the demand for this product.
- Research Organizations: The new technologies used in this field and their effect can be studied by them
- E-commerce Companies: Can use this report to find potential consumers and customers.
- Traders, Importers, and Exporters: They could study the global market and the opportunities for business that they provide.
Delivery time: 4 days